As I approached the season of Advent, I thought it was time to follow the wisdom of the many authors that I research each week. I was reminded of the blog posting, Sabbath with a Small "s", that encouraged us to always find time for rest and quiet contemplation amidst our busy schedules.
Embracing this wisdom, I took a brief hiatus from researching and writing the Research Blog. Instead, I took this time of sabbath to be present to whatever the world would bring to my journey. My experiences included many wonderful things:
- feeling the crisp, cold air of the approaching winter season
- sighting a majestic bald eagle flying by and landing on a power pole near my home
- corresponding with friends through my annual Christmas card ritual
- sharing food and catching up on the lives of friends and family at Christmas events
- purchasing and wrapping gifts for my 1-year old grandson and 5-year old granddaughter
- sitting quietly in the dark of the morning listening for the wisdom of the Spirit
I hope your Advent season was filled with many joys. Let me share one additional gift that I received from a colleague:
May Light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your hurts turn to healing;
Your heart embrace feeling.
May wounds become wisdom;
Every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you;
Your passion resurrect you.
May Goodness inspire
Your deepest desires.
Through all that you reach for,
May your arms never tire.
by D. Simone
As we near the turn of the year, The Center for Parish Leadership Board and staff wish you many blessings in 2018. We pledge to continue to support you with key staff & leadership development activities. Please contact us to discuss how we can uniquely support your staff and leaders.
The Center for Parish Leadership